Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

I'm a lucky guy, all thing considered, and I'm thankful.

In the first place I'm a lucky guy to have two beautiful daughters and six strapping grandchildren.   One daughter is married to the $2 billion man, and the other has a debut novel, OVERSEAS, coming out next year.

In the second place, things always seem to turn out all right for me on the work and money front.  Like right now, when I've "retired" and am now busy writing.  But wouldn't you know, my little website, usgovernmentspending.com, is turning in $2,000 per month in Google advertising revenue.  Next year, very likely more. Who knew, back in March 2007 when the site debuted?

Then we get down to the details.  I'm grateful for President Obama.  He is doing more than anyone to bring on the conservative millennium.

I'm grateful for the Tea Party.  Only in America is there a movement of sensible, measured conservative renewal, in our case based on the founding principles in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.  Other nations should be so lucky.

And I'm grateful for the Occupy folks.  If they didn't exist we would have to invent them!

I'm grateful for Mitt Romney.  Is America ready for a Mormon president, liberals?

I'm grateful for Newt Gingrich.  Somebody had to ignite a presidential campaign by needling the mainstream media.

I'm grateful for the climate deniers.  They have stuck it to the climate science community and shown to the world that the headline climate scientists are not doing science, they are doing politics.  It turns out that they are not very good scientists, and not very good politicians, either.

I'm grateful for American workers and American businessmen working away, trying to make the economy recover, even as the government makes things worse and worse.

And of course, I'm grateful for the lovely Lady Marjorie.

No comments:

Post a Comment